Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Festival Plans

3 posters

Go down

Summer Festival Plans Empty Summer Festival Plans

Post by the_hound Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:17 am

Arctic Monkeys are planning a busy festival season after confirming a host of shows.

One of the best selling British acts of the Noughties, Arctic Monkeys have been suspiciously quiet of late. After two chart mangling albums the band decided on a low key return, which resulted in 'Humbug'.

Attaching an orchestral arrangement to their indie songsmithery, the album was rightly hailed as a step forward for the band. Retreating from the limelight, Arctic Monkeys completed a UK tour but seemed anxious to keep away from massive one off dates.

Taking it easy, the band are now planning a hectic summer. The festival season in 2011 is set to reverberate with the sounds of the Sheffield group, with Arctic Monkeys confirming a flurry of dates.

The band are planning to headline Ireland's Oxegen festival. Taking place in County Kildaire the event is one of Europe's biggest festivals and is already shaping up to be a hell of a party with appearances from Foo Fighters and more.

Linked to T In The Park, the announcement has led to speculation that Arctic Monkeys could be set to headline the Scottish festival.

Elsewhere, Arctic Monkeys have confirmed some continental plans. The Sheffield band are due to headline two German events, with the group set to perform at Southside and Hurricane.

Alongside this, the band have confirmed a trip to Benicassim. Rightly hailed as one of Europe's top events, the Spanish festival has confirmed a number of top acts including a headline set from Arctic Monkeys.

All this activity has led to speculation from fans that British shows are due to be announced, although it should be pointed out that nothing has been intimated from the band. 'Course, some new material would be nice too... Guys?
the_hound
the_hound
It's Getting Better (Man!!)

Back to top Go down

Summer Festival Plans Empty Re: Summer Festival Plans

Post by eggy Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:23 am

Hopefully this means a new album, which wouldn't suprise me as tzhey never leave it too long after the last one to release the next one

I might have to persuade my mate T would be the best festival.... (although they Humbug came across shit live apparently)

eggy

Back to top Go down

Post by the_hound Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:25 am

Isle of Wight will be the best festival in 2011 I reckon Wink

But def worth catching Arctic Monkeys in 2011 - you're young - do 2 or 3 festivals!

Hopefully new album - fingers crossed!
the_hound
the_hound

Back to top Go down

Post by eggy Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:31 am

Yeah it has got a good line up but as a whole its not normally a brilliant festival - i mean last year The Strokes headlined and hardly anyone mentioned it when talking about best festivals

2/3 festivals would be amazing, its just affording them. I hope I can do one as I never have - got a feeling it will be Reading/Leeds, not holding my breath though, probly end up in Tenerife again (not that I'd complain)

eggy

Back to top Go down

Post by barnafin95 Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:57 am

Isle of wight sounds SO good, would love to go Surprised not that fussed about seeing them as it'd probably be a lot of stuff off humbug and maybe some new songs (that would probably sound like humbug), think I'd just check it out online
barnafin95
barnafin95

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down